Saturday 14 May 2011

Quotes about Recognition

Here's the next section of quotes from my book 1000 Great Quotations for Business, Management & Training.


An updated version of the book is newly available as part of my Almost Free Kindle titles both in the UK and in the USA.



That little packet of responsibility (job description), rewarded in accordance with a fixed formula (pay wall), and a single reporting relationship (place in the chain of command) is a roadblock on the highway of change.

William Bridges, US engineer, researcher, educator (b. 1934)



We have to switch incentives from careers, level and promotion, to personal reputation, teamwork and challenging assignments. People then need to feel they can influence, rather than just be rewarded by promotion.

Rosabeth Moss Kanter, US academic, management author (b. 1943)



The difference between a lady and a flower girl is not how she behaves but how she is treated. I shall always be a flower girl to Professor Higgins because he always treats me as a flower girl and always will; but I know I can be a lady to you because you always treat me like a lady.

Eliza Doolittle, character in ‘Pygmalion’ by George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)


Eliza Doolittle


People who work sitting down get paid more than people who work standing up.





Frederic Ogden Nash, US humorous writer, poet (1902-1971)

No comments:

Post a Comment