Sunday 1 May 2011

Quotes about Paperwork

Here's the next section of quotes from my book 1000 Great Quotations for Business, Management & Training.


An updated version of the book is newly available as part of my Almost Free Kindle titles both in the UK and in the USA.



Report writing, like motor-car driving and love-making, is one of those activities which almost every Englishman thinks he can do well without instruction. The results of course are usually abominable.

Tom Margerison, US photographer



What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure.
Samuel Johnson, British poet, critic, lexicographer (1709-1784)

Writing is easy. All you do is stare at a blank piece of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead.
Gene Fowler, US journalist, biographer (1890-1960)

Having imagination, it takes you an hour to write a paragraph that, if you were unimaginative, would take you only a minute. Or you might not write the paragraph at all.
Franklin P Adams, US journalist, poet, radio personality (1881-1960)

How do I know what I think until I see what I say?
E M Forster, British author (1879-1970)




No comments:

Post a Comment