Saturday 12 March 2011

Quotes about Communication

Here's the next section of quotes from my book 1000 Great Quotations for Business, Management & Training


I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.
Robert J McCloskey, US diplomat (1922-1996)

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.
George Bernard Shaw, Irish playwright, essayist (1856-1950)

Inform all the troops that communication has completely broken down.
Ashleigh Brilliant, British philosopher, author (b. 1933)

A leader cannot afford to be a good communicator. He must be a great communicator.
WillamTerrell Hodges, US Federal judge (b. 1934)

If an organisation is to work effectively, the communication should be through the most effective channel regardless of the organisation chart.
Daniel Packard, US electrical engineer, entrepreneur (1912-1996)

If you don’t give people information, they’ll make up something to fill the void.
Carla O’Dell, US management consultant, author

I used to think I was poor. Then they told me I wasn’t poor, I was needy. Then they told me it was self-defeating to think of myself as needy. I was deprived. (Oh not deprived but rather underprivileged.) Then they told me that underprivileged was over-used. I was disadvantaged. I still don’t have a dime. But I have a great vocabulary.
Jules Feiffer, US cartoonist, author (b. 1929)



It often shows an excellent command of language to say nothing.
Karol Newlin

No comments:

Post a Comment