Monday 28 March 2011

Quotes about Encouragement

Here's the next section of quotes from my book 1000 Great Quotations for Business, Management & Training.

If you would lift me you must be on higher ground.
Ralph Waldo Emerson, US essayist, poet (1803-1882)

Those who are lifting the world upward and onward are those who encourage more than criticise.
Elizabeth Harrison, US educator (1849-1927)

Material things aside, we need no advice but approval.
Coco Chanel, French fashion designer (1883-1971)

Correction does much, but encouragement does more. Encouragement after censure is as the sun after a shower.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German poet, letter-writer (1749-1832)

Goethe


There is no such thing as ‘self-made’ man. We are made up of thousands of others. Everyone who has ever done a kind deed for us, or spoken one word of encouragement to us, has entered into the make-up of our character and of our thoughts, as well as our success.
George Matthew Adams, US newspaper magnate (1878-1962)

Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticise me and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you.
William Arthur Ward, US academic, author (1921-1994)

Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
Samuel Langhorne Clemens, known as Mark Twain, US author (1835-1910)

No comments:

Post a Comment