Wednesday 9 March 2011

Quotes about Change Agents

Here's the next section of quotes from my book 1000 Great Quotations for Business, Management & Training

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is that good people do nothing – you must be the change that you want to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi, Indian nationalist leader (1869-1948)

There is nothing more difficult to carry out, nor more doubtful of success, nor more dangerous to handle, than to institute a new order of things.
Niccolo Machiavelli, Italian political theorist (1469-1527)

Think of yourselves as pioneers of a new age – you are not merely discovering a new world, you are helping to shape it
David Williams, British management author, presenter (b. 1950)


Every change or reform you make is going to have consequences you don’t like.
 
Don’t be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can’t cross a chasm in two small jumps.
David Lloyd George, British Prime Minister (1863-1945)


Another contributory factor to failure is that many top managers are now so removed from their underlings that they will wildly underestimate how long it takes to embed really fundamental change. All too often impatient managers signal a new direction even before those at the bottom have executed the last one. Not surprisingly, the result of such inconsistencies is change indigestion.
Simon Caulkin, British journalist

Become a student of change. It is the only thing that will remain constant.
Anthony J D’Angelo, US educationist, author

When I was a young man, I wanted to change the world. I found it very difficult to change the world, so I tried to change my nation. When I found I couldn’t change the nation, I began to focus on my town. I couldn’t change the town and, as an older man, I tried to change my family. Now, as an old man, I realise that if long ago I had changed myself, I could have made an impact on my family. My family and I could have made an impact on our town. Their impact could have changed the nation and I could indeed have changed the world.
Unknown monk (1100 AD)

No comments:

Post a Comment